Responsible for building and managing a team of Sanitizers/Janitors who will clean on the production floor, including all interior and exterior equipment and grounds. Maintain all chemicals in a safe manner. Create weekly inventory sheet of chemicals in order to maintain necessary levels of chemicals. Supervise the day-to-day sanitation activities to meet departmental priorities while adhering to overall schedules and budgets. Act as the main contact to identify sanitation process problems and recommend improvement for optimal productivity. Supports QA Manager and Operations Director to obtain and maintain acceptable audit results from all 3rd party inspections.
Duties and responsibilities
• Maintain departmental day-to-day sanitation activities, monitor and prioritize workflow and schedules.
• Ensure operation of all sanitation equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
• Maintain all chemicals and parts inventories in the facility in a safe and organized manner
• Detailed sanitation schedule planning, building, and execution of sanitation program in compliance with company SOPs
• Develop quality control objectives and activities to resolve sanitation problems, maximize quality, product reliability, and minimize cost.
• Maintain effective labor relations & communicate any potential issues to management and/or HR.
• Familiar with the details and processes of cleaning walls, floors, ceilings, and operating cleaning equipment
• Ensure employees have proper tools, information, PPE and materials to perform their work assignments
• Hire, train, review performance of staff, including documented training for sanitation personnel.
• Requires attention to detail, good hand/eye coordination, and ability to focus on a repetitive task over several hours.
• Document Sanitation, Titration per the master sanitation schedule. Ensure your team does the same.
• Coordinate and enforce Safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to learn manufacturing processes specific to the company.
• Keeps work area clean and free of clutter. Works in a safe manner. Must have good organizational skills.
• Verify all cleaning procedures are effective
• Liaison with chemical vendors and cleaning suppliers
• Ability to develop people and sanitation workforce
• Maintain employee GMP standards
• Ensure regulatory compliances as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, USDA, HACCP, FISMA, FDA, etc)
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment preferred
• CA Food handlers card preferred-Some College or college degree a plus
• Knowledge of GMP's
• Prior experience with food safety tools and equipment required
• 2 years prior food production experience or HACCP familiarity a plus
• Experience with Governmental and environmental and safety regulations a plus
• Must be able to stand, bend, kneel, move and lift up to 50lbs. over an 8-10 hour shift
• Must be available weekends and some holidays. Open to managing a team of variable schedules in a 24/7 facility.
• Must be prompt, honest and dependable
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
• Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
Fast-paced environment with moving machinery in a wet and often hot/cold environment. During peak season or based on company needs longer work hours are required.
About the Company
Come work for one of the citie's most renowned bakers and become part of a team dedicated to creating amazing delicacies and experiences for our customer's.
Employment Type: Permanent
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on About Leaders